Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Inge and Mira by Marianne Fredriksson

Best Blogger Tips
Inge and MiraInge and Mira was written by Swedish author Marianne Fredriksson. It was translated by Anna Paterson whom I believe is from the UK. Inge is from Sweden and Mira is a refugee from Chile during a time of military unrest. When they meet they instantly become friends and share their passion for plants. However, Mira's painful past is brought to the surface. This is a book about a strong bond between two women from two different worlds.

I was misled from the summary on the back of the book. I thought it was about two divorced women that fall in love but it turned out that they were just friends. I can't say that I understood their relationship though. I didn't understand the book. I had no idea what was going on most of the time. I only clued into a few bits but overall I completely missed the message/plot. I think a lot was lost in translation and it was nothing like I expected. It was hard for my to visualize what was happening, the characters were confusing, the plot was unstructured, and the overall writing style lacked fluidity.

I give this book a Thumbs Down.
Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Bookmark Gadgets

No comments:

Post a Comment