Monday, August 16, 2010

The Pesthouse by Jim Crace

Best Blogger Tips
The PesthouseThe Pesthouse is set in a futuristic America. The economy had collapsed leaving a poor and desolate nation. Law and order has broken down. Only a handful of small farmers remain as others had emigrated to more prosperous countries. The only hope for Franklin Lopez is to travel to the east to board a ship to Europe.With very little belongings Franklin and his brother leave their farm and mother behind to search for a better life in Europe. They travel by foot with a wheelbarrow filled with supplies. It is a long and difficult trek. Along the way they encounter many obstacles including bandits.

This novel read almost like an adventure/fantasy book. It was quite different however. The plot didn't play out like I'd expected. I like books that are different or strange (as long as they are written well). This one fit that category. It was a nice book of two men on a dangerous journey. I also like survival/disaster books. This one had a post-apocalyptic feel.

I couldn't put this book down. I loved it. I give it a Thumbs Up!
Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Bookmark Gadgets

1 comment:

  1. I have Jim Crace's Being Dead on order. I hope it's as good as this one.

    ReplyDelete