Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

Best Blogger Tips
The NotebookNicholas Sparks is a well-known romance writer. Many of his novels have become movies: The Notebook, The Last Song, A Walk to Remember, Nights in Rodanthe, and Dear John. His books are not the Harlequin-type novels you might think. They are serious, tragic, and passionate but always tasteful. Sparks books focus on true-love, and true-romance, not just passion and sex. The Notebook tells the story of Noah and Allie whom have an unlikely summer romance. They both come from very different worlds. Allie's parents are not impressed by Noah and expect their daughter to marry into an upper-class family like themselves. While their summer love is more than a fling, they are pushed apart. Years later they reunite when Allie is engaged but cannot hide her feelings for Noah any longer.

The Notebook is not the type of  book I would normally read. I am not really into that mushy romance stuff.  But I enjoyed the book and I liked the movie. It was a very sad story and I have heard that a lot of Nicholas Spark books are like that. I give this book a Thumbs Up.
Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Bookmark Gadgets

2 comments:

  1. You should definitely check out some of his other ones. Particularly "The Lucky One" before the movie comes out (I am telling you nothing so you can imagine the characters yourself). I find I get so engrossed in his stories and really feel like I'm there and feeling what the characters are feeling (realllly felt like that with "Safe Haven" check out my blog for my discussion of that http://booksandstuff-kstar.blogspot.com/2010/11/just-finished-safe-haven.html). Take a break from his and get back into another one in a few weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation kstar. I will definitely read another Spark's novel.

    ReplyDelete